Are you looking for a yard vacuum, a leaf blower, or a sweeper? Well you don’t have to choose if you buy one leaf vacuum that does it all.
More and more manufacturers are creating multi-purpose leaf blowers that have the capability to not only vacuum leaves and debris, but can also blow or sweep debris off sidewalks and driveways. The benefit to you is some savings because you don’t need to buy two or three separate machines and you get the convenience of using and storing only one yard vacuum.
We only have two cordless models in our line-up and that’s because, at least at this point, batteries (even Lithium Ion) are mostly not powerful enough to do a good job of vacuuming without running out of battery power and leaving tasks unfinished. There are certainly plenty of cordless blowers and sweepers that will do the job. Once you add the lawn vacuum feature, you need to add enough power to suck up touch leaves, dirt, and debris. That takes a corded electric motor or one of the higher voltages lithium-ion models.
Take a look and see if a yard vacuum in our list might be just what you’re looking for!
Yard Vacuum: Top 5 Leaf Vacuums Blowers Sweepers
The WORX WG502 TRIVAC Deluxe electric leaf blower, mulcher, and vacuum is one of the few blowers that is actually a 3-in-1 compact blower, mulcher, and yard vacuum. This is great for cost savings and for reducing the number of machines you have to maintain. The WORX TriVac is very well-designed and durable featuring an all-metal impeller and a 2-stage mulching system. It is very lightweight yet very powerful with a 12 amp motor capable of 210 mph air speeds. WORX has packed a lot of features into this very capable yard vac.
- Powerful 12-amp motor has the suction power to vacuum 14 gallons of dry leaves per minute and can blow away debris and dirt at up to 210 mph
- 2-stage mulching system with the combination of a shredder blade and an all-metal impeller that produces an efficient mulch ratio of 18:1
- Change-outs between blower and vac are a breeze with the flip of a switch with no additional tubes to carry around
- A large collector bag made of breathable nylon with its quick-connect coupler holds up to 10 gallons of mulch extending the time between dumping and detaches and connects easily
- An angled tube assists with vacuuming under yard objects like decks
- The built-in airflow regulator on the blower tube facilitates blower speed tailoring to the task at hand
- A wraparound soft-grip handle reduces fatigue during yard tasks as part of WORX ErgoSum Design Technology that features a more natural and comfortable grip
- Designed to be used with only one hand, the Worx WG502 TriVac leaf blower vacuum and mulcher weighs in at a very lightweight 8.6 lbs.
- 2-Year limited warranty
- Very powerful
- Very lightweight and easy to handle
- Easy to empty
- Durable with quality materials
- Has trouble with wet leaves
- Has trouble with large leaves
- Some reports of seams failing
- Several reports that it doesn’t work as good as advertised
WORX WG502 TriVac Deluxe Features Video
Black & Decker is a leading manufacturer of high-performance leaf vacuums, electric leaf blowers, and mulchers. One of its best is the Black & Decker BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher. Its 12-amp motor provides powerful suction and 250 mph blower airspeeds with lower noise than some comparable models. It’s really the ideal tool for clearing driveways, sidewalks, decks and garages of debris and fall leaves or vacuuming leaves, grass clippings, twigs, pine needles and other lawn debris. You will appreciate all the great features Black & Decker has included in this model.
- Powerful 12-amp motor generates plenty of suction and produces blower airspeeds of 250 mph
- 50% quieter than Black & Decker’s LH4500 model
- High-impact metal impeller mulches effectively to a 16:1 ratio and reduces clogging
- Handy 2-speed adjustable power lets you handle delicate flower beds or tough matted leaves
- The turbo nozzle directs high speed airflow at leaves and debris effectively sweeping it out of the way
- Tool-free change between vacuum and blower saves time
- Built-in cord retainer keeps cord plugged and prevents inadvertent stoppages
- Very strong suction power
- Easy to change between functions
- Swivel tip is very useful
- Excellent build quality
- Heavier than some
- Shoulder strap is thin
- Needs bigger debris bag
One of two cordless blower/vacs in our list, the GreenWorks DigiPro uses the power of a 40-volt lithium-ion battery system to eliminate the need for an AC power cord. Its brushless motor insures long life and its 185 mph airspeed should be adequate for most tasks. If you like GreenWorks tools, there are 10 of them that use the G-MAX battery system. GreenWorks has tried very hard to put the features and power into this yard vacuum to make it a true replacement for gas and corded models.
- Powerful 40-volt
- Variable speed operation insures you have the right power for tough tasks with up to 185 mph wind speed and for more delicate tasks alike
- 10:1 mulch ratio
- Quieter operation than many corded models
- The powerful, interchangeable 40-volt lithium-ion battery is part of the GreenWorks GMAX battery system and fits 10 other GreenWorks tools
- Long-lasting battery system supports mulching up to three bags per battery charge and quick-charges in about 60 minutes for the 2Ah battery and 120 minutes for the 4Ah battery
- Ergonomic and balanced design plus light weight provide a comfortable working experience
- Over-mold, wraparound grip handle reduces operator fatigue
- Built-in battery life indicator prevents eliminates surprises
- Simple snap-on and –off design makes switching functions easier
- Variable speed control is very helpful
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Quick recharging
- Like option to use battery with other GreenWorks tools
- Not great on damp or extra-large leaves
- Turbo mode uses battery up fast
- Not as powerful as most gas and corded models
GreenWorks 24322 DigiPro Demo Video
Another 40V lithium-ion cordless sweeper/vac, the Black & Decker LSWV36 comes with the reliability and durability that Black & Decker is known for. It has Black & Decker’s Power Command which lets you choose between maximum power and maximum run-time. Very lightweight at only 5.4 lbs., you won’t get tired as fast. If you don’t want to lug around a cord and you think gas sweepers are too much of a pain and too noisy, you should definitely take a look at this model. Black & Decker has put some very high-end features into this value cordless.
- Reliable, rechargeable 40-volt lithium-ion battery power will provide years of useful life, has a quick recharge time of only an hour, and is shareable with Black & Decker’s other 40-volt tools
- Power Command lets you choose between maximum power and maximum battery life
- Light weight means more comfortable sweeping with less fatigue
- Easily converts from sweeper to vacuum
- This low-noise operation model features a sound rating of only 65 dBA
- Handy built-in scraper loosens matted leaves and debris for easier sweeping and vacuuming
- Ergonomic, soft-grip handle provides comfortable handling
- Energy Star-qualified battery charger
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Easy to switch between sweeper and vacuum
- Low noise operation
- Adjustable power is a great feature
- Not for large jobs
- Vacuum bag is too small
- Plastic impeller not durable
Black and Decker LSWV36 Features Video
The Toro 51609 is corded and that explains its powerful 235 mph airstream and aggressive suction power. It can reduce debris using its shredding metal impeller in a ratio of 16:1 and with its high-quality, durable materials, you can expect this model from Toro to last for years to come. This is a great yard vacuum and blower with many features and a value price.
- A powerful 12-amp motor vacuums, shreds, and sweeps away dirt and other lawn debris quickly and efficiently
- An Infinitely variable speed motor gives you precise control over blower air speed and suction power for any task; tough to delicate
- Use its top airspeed of 235 mph on wet, matted debris or less airspeed down to 112 mph for easier jobs
- The vacuum has incredible suction power air volume of up to 390 CFM
- Automatic balance between airspeed and volume ensures maximum power without changing the nozzle
- At only 7.5 lbs. this model is lightweight and reduces fatigue
- A rugged magnesium metal impeller promises long life and serrated edges do a better job of mulching leaves and other debris
- Easily switch between tasks in seconds using the Quick-Release latch
- Power cord stores on board the blower for easy storage
- 2-Year limited warranty
- 1 – Main blower tube
- 2 – Air concentrator nozzle inserts (Power and Concentrator)
- 1 – Vacuum tube
- 1 – Vacuum Bag
- 1 – Cord storage hook attachment
- 1 – Operators manual
- Variable speed adjustment
- Powerful and lightweight
- Metal impeller chops up leaves well
- Large debris bag
- No power cord strain relief hook
- Shoulder bag is bulky
- Very loud
- Suction ineffective on large leaves
Toro 51609 Ultra Video
Yard Vacuum Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of our blower/vac list? Which leaf vacuum/blower are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always thanks for reading our vacuum article! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the right yard vacuum for you!