Vacuum cleaners have been around for more than 100 years and have transitioned through a number of new technologies that have improved their ease-of-use and cleaning capability. With all those changes over the years, you still have two basic types; upright and canister. Vacuum cleaners also come in bagged and bagless models. This article is about the most popular machines; upright, bagless models. We’ve done the research to find the 5 best selling upright, bagless cleaners and have provided some details about the features of each so that you can choose the one that is right for you.
Want to see other great vacuums? Be sure and see our articles about some of the best:
- Cordless Vacuums: New Powerful BISSELL Lightweight Cordless Vacuum
- Shark Vacuum Cleaners: New Amazing Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away
- Best Vacuum Under 100 Dollars: Top Rated Budget Vacuum Cleaner
- HEPA Filter Vacuum: Top Rated Upright HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum: Soniclean Bare Floor Pro Canister
- Bagless Canister Vacuum: Best New Dirt Devil Bagless Canister
The vacuum cleaners market is huge in the U.S. and around the world, and it seems that Hoover, Dyson, Eureka, and BISSELL are the ones always battling to reach the top. All of these companies want to be your company of choice and are willing to put in the features and capability to do it.
Most of us need a vacuum cleaner and when it’s time to get a new one, the choices seem endless. You can choose canister or upright, bagged or bagless, wind tunnel or cyclone, and it goes on. Some have auto-rewind cords, others are made for pets, and still others claim “no loss of suction.” So how do you decide among all of the competing claims? Often the best selling products are also some of the best products because buyers have already done all the research before making their choice. You can save yourself some trouble and take advantage of all their knowledge. This article is about the best selling models and their features. Take a look and see if one of the top 5 best selling models for 2014 might be just the right model for you.
Vacuum Cleaners: Top 5 Best Selling Upright Vacuum Cleaners
This model is designed specifically for pet owners and the unique cleaning challenges they face every day. The Hoover UH70210 WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus features patented WindTunnel Technology, outstanding pet hair-removal capability, auto-rewind cord, and a carbon filter to remove musty pet odors. If you love having pets, but don’t like what they leave behind, you will appreciate all the features Hoover has included to help you fight the never-ending pet hair battle.
- No-loss-of-suction technology
- 12 amps of power
- Air-powered pet hand tool
- Specially designed rubberized pet tools
- Auto-rewind 27-foot power cord
- Easy-clean, reusable filter
- The unit’s high-quality HEPA filter should never need replacement with proper care.
If you’re looking for a good value in a quality machine, the Eureka 4700D LightSpeed may be the choice for you. It has solid construction in a lightweight model with a powerful 12-amp motor. The Eureka 4700D has micro-filtration, a transparent dirt cup, and built-in headlight. Take a look at some of its main features.
- 12-amp motor
- Micro-filtration HEPA filter
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Detachable, large-diameter, clog-resistant hose
- Fold-flat design for easier low-level vacuuming and storage
- Bright headlight
Featuring BISSELL’s exclusive OnePass Technology for better cleaning, the 9595 CleanView is lightweight and powerful. Maintenance is low with its easy-empty dirt tank and washable foam filter. The BISSELL 9595 comes with plenty of effective attachments to give you a better clean even in above-floor areas. Take a look at all of its main features.
- BISSELL’s exclusive OnePass Technology with powerful suction and innovative brush design
- TurboBrush attachment for hard to clean areas
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Washable foam filter saves money
- HEPA media filter removes 99.9% of allergens
Dysons have historically been some of the most expensive mainstream vacuums. You might say you get what you pay for and that is certainly the case with Dyson. You have to be careful with Dyson because they are constantly adding and discontinuing models. As of this date they offer 4 models of uprights one of which is the Dyson DC33. Just take a look at the main features.
- The original no-loss-of-suction model
- Root Cyclone Technology keeps filter clearer longer
- A true multi-surface cleaner
Hoover is one of the most trusted brands in America. They are a leader in the floor-care industry that manufactures quality, high-performance models for the home including the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series, UH70120. They offer great features at a value price. Take a look at the UH70120’s main features.
- WindTunnel multi-cyclonic and multi-channel technology
- Wide 13-1/2 inch wide-path nozzle
- Lightweight, compact, and easy to transport
- Long, retractable 27-foot power cord
- Power handtool for hard to reach areas
- Bagless operation and resusable, rinse-clean filters
Vacuum Cleaners Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Do you think the Hoover WindTunnel is the best machine? Which model are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading! I hope this article has provided valuable information that you can use to compare vacuum cleaners and find the one that is perfect for you!