You’re looking for a leaf vacuum or possibly a leaf blower and you’re wondering which is the best one for you. Ideally you would like to get one device that would do both jobs so you don’t have to buy a separate machine for each task. Well, you can actually do better than that. We have found a Toro leaf vacuum that is actually a 3-in-1 blower, vacuum, and leaf shredder.
Looking for other yard vacuums? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best:
- Yard Vacuum: Top 5 Electric Leaf Vacuums Blowers
- Leaf Vacuum Mulcher: Professional Leaf Vac Makes Cleanup Easier
Toro is the #1 rated electric blower brand leaf vacuum. Its Ultra line is powerful and versatile enough to tackle any of your yard clean-up tasks. Toro is the only model to offer a tough metal impeller and an infinitely variable speed motor on a single device.
We have put together all the information you need on the best selling leaf vacuum for 2014; the Toro 51609 Ultra. See if this is the perfect leaf vacuum, blower, and leaf shredder for you.
Leaf Vacuum: Best Selling Leaf Vacuum
The Toro 51609 Ultra offers 3-in-1 versatility that saves you from having to buy separate devices. It features a powerful blower motor that produces up to a 235 mph air stream that makes quick work of any debris in its path. Its aggressive suction and leaf shredding capability reduces leaves up to 16 bags to 1. Take a look at all its features.
- You will have all the power you need from the 12 amp motor on the Toro Ultra.
- The Toro 51609 Ultra has an infinitely variable speed motor which allows you to have precise control over blower air speed and suction power for any situation.
- Use lower speeds to clear off hard surfaces and clean up tight areas without making a mess.
- Move leaves and debris out of the way with air speeds from 112 mph up to 235 mph (378 kph) and blower air volume up to 330 CFM and suction air volume up to 390 CFM.
- The Ultra has the ability to balance between air speed and air volume to ensure maximum power and performance without changing the size of the blower nozzle.
- The metal impeller on the Ultra is made of rugged magnesium for long life. It also has serrated edges to reduce leaves to fine mulch which can then be recycled into your yard providing important nutrients.
- You will find this electric blower to be lighter, quieter, and cleaner than similar gas blowers.
- The Ultra converts quickly to a powerful vacuum without tools.
- Easily convert between tasks in seconds without tools using the Quick-Release Latch.
- A handy cord storage hook attachment allows you to store the cord right on the Ultra for easy storage.
- Electric blowers are quieter and require less maintenance than gas blowers. You will get instant startup unlike some finicky gas models which may not start when you need them. Free yourself from the mess gas-oil mixture and noxious fumes that you need to worry about with some gas blowers.
- Even with its powerful air flow and suction, this blower/vac is very lightweight at only 7.5 lbs and easy on your back.
- Use the versatile tube and inserts to customize your leaf blowing for any task:
- Use the main tube to move debris away from your house and shrubs.
- Use the power insert to form windows and piles for easy removal.
- Use the concentrator insert to blow debris out of cracks and edging or to move stubborn leaves.
- Toro provides a generous 2-Year warranty on the Toro 51609 Ultra
- 1 – Main blower tube
- 2 – Air concentrator nozzle inserts (Power and Concentrator)
- 1 – Vacuum tube
- 1 – Vacuum Bag
- 1 – Cord storage hook attachment
- 1 – Operators manual
- Variable speed adjustment
- Powerful and lightweight
- Metal impeller chops up leaves well
- No power cord strain relief hook
- Shoulder bag is bulky
- Very loud
- Suction ineffective on large leaves
Leaf Vacuum Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Do you think the Toro 51609 Ultra is the best? Which model are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading! I hope this article has given you some valuable information that will help you as you choose your next leaf vacuum!