You’re looking for a HEPA filter vacuum because you or a family member have allergies or asthma or you just want to keep the air in your house cleaner. HEPA-filtering is desirable in pet vacuum cleaners it can filter out dander that can aggravate allergies. There are some things about a HEPA filter vacuum you need to know before you buy.
Typically, a HEPA filter vacuum is not as good at keeping the air clean as you might hope. That’s because only part of the airflow in the vacuum is protected by a HEPA filter. Very few vacuum cleaners employ whole vacuum HEPA filtration which insures that they are not exhausting non-HEPA filtered air into your home. Whole vacuum HEPA filtration is what you would expect when you think of a HEPA filter vacuum, but it’s not what you will normally get. Even if a vacuum is whole vacuum HEPA filtered, they can leak which renders the filtering far less effective. Make sure the vacuum you buy is completely sealed and that all the airflow runs through the HEPA filter as is the case with most Dyson vacuum cleaners.
What does HEPA filtering do or what is it? It’s pretty well-accepted that the home environment has some of the dirtiest air around. It can be even dirtier than the outdoor environment where you would expect pollution to be the main problem. Your home may be subject to dust mites, mold spores, pollen, and pet dander which can easily irritate allergies or asthma. The problem is that inside your air conditioner or the air conditioning lines, these allergens can build up over time and even if you clean often without cleaning them, you’re breathing and re-breathing the same allergens over and over again.
Looking for other great upright vacuums? Be sure and see our other highly informative articles:
- Best Vacuum For Pet Hair: Hoover WindTunnel UH70210 Pet Rewind
- Commercial Vacuum: Best Professional Upright Vacuum
- BISSELL 9595 CleanView with OnePass Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Eureka 4700D LightSpeed Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- The Shark Vacuum: Best Bagless Upright Shark Vacuum Cleaner
- Eureka Vacuum: New Eureka Airspeed One Bagless Upright
- Shark Vacuum: Your Best Shark Rotator Vacuum
HEPA is an acronym for High-Efficiency Particulate Air. A HEPA air filter forces incoming air through a very fine mesh that can trap particulates like pollen, pet dander, dust mites, mold spores, and even tobacco smoke. The Department of Energy requires that HEPA filters, remove at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 micrometers (µm) in diameter or larger.
The best way to prevent this is to stop the allergens before they build up by employing HEPA filters in your vacuum cleaner and air conditioning and heating systems. Make sure you vacuum often using your HEPA filter vacuum and change your sheets and comforters often. Also, once per year, you should employ a company that can clean your air conditioning and heating ductwork so that it isn’t contributing to the indoor pollution problem.
Need a cordless vacuum cleaner? We have reviewed some of the best:
- Lightweight Vacuum: Most Powerful Cordless Upright
- Cordless Vacuum: Best New Cordless Vacuum
- Handheld Vacuums: Hottest New Cordless Handheld
- Hoover LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Cordless Vacuum: Top 5 Best Cordless Handheld Vacuums
- Portable Vacuum: Top Rated Floor to Ceiling Vacuum
- Hand Vacuum: Best Portable Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Handheld Vacuum: Top Portable Vacuum Under $50
For your vacuum cleaner, make sure you replace or clean your HEPA filter according to your manufacturer’s recommendations.
You can get HEPA filter vacuums in bagged or bagless models. Some of the best manufacturers use bags, but bagless vacuum cleaners like the Dyson are also very capable. Ultimately you will have to decide if you want the convenience and reduced cost of a bagless vacuum cleaner or are willing to live with a bag to get one of the best vacuums on the market.
We did research to find the best rated whole vacuum HEPA-filtered system and we think we may have found the best vacuum cleaner! Take a look and see if this Dyson vacuum cleaner is the perfect HEPA-filtered vacuum cleaner for your needs!
HEPA Filter Vacuum: Top Rated Upright HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson Ball Allergy Upright Vacuum is an interesting machine because not only is it one of the best HEPA-filtered vacuum cleaners, but it is also one of the best upright vacuums period. It uses Dyson’s famous Radial Root Cyclone Technology to produce some of the strongest suction available in any vacuum and maintains that suction throughout your cleaning tasks. Their technology allows Dyson vacuums to capture more microscopic dust that other cyclone vacuums getting your home cleaner. This also makes it a great pet vacuum cleaner. This model also has Dyson’s famous Ball Technology which allows you to navigate easily around all of your home’s obstacles. Here’s what you need to know about this Dyson vacuum cleaner.
- Radial Root Cyclone Technology produces the strongest suction of any vacuum and captures more dirt and microscopic dust
- Whole vacuum HEPA filtration means that air expelled is the cleanest possible and Dyson’s vacuums are certified asthma- and allergy-friendly
- Clean multiple surfaces effectively thanks to Dyson’s self-adjusting cleaner head that adjusts to seal-in suction whether on carpets or hard floor surfaces
- Dyson’s unique stiff nylon motorized brush removes more ground-in dirt from carpets
- Additional tools including the ultra-fine carbon fiber filament soft dusting brush, paddle-shaped flexible reach-under tool, and the specialized mattress and upholstery tool are specifically designed for allergy and asthma-sufferers to remove more fine dust and allergens from difficult areas of your home
- Dyson’s Ball Technology allows you to more easily navigate your home obstacles with the turn of your wrist
- Hygienic bin-emptying design allows you to release dirt at the push of a button without having to touch dirty vacuum bags or handle the bin cup
- Clean above-floor surfaces quickly and easily thanks to Dyson’s instant release want that allows you to access the hose and cleaning wand with one smooth action
- Industry-leading 5-year limited warranty
- Easy to clean
- Simple to use
- Unbelievable suction power
- High-quality construction and materials
- Heavier than some
- Very expensive
- Some reports that the handle release is problematic
- Some reports that the vacuum is difficult to maneuver
Dyson Ball Energy Upright Vacuum Features Video
HEPA Filter Vacuum Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Dyson model? Which HEPA vacuum cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestVacuumCleanerCentral.com article! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best HEPA filter vacuum for your needs!