You’ve probably thought of using your wet/dry vacuum to clean your fireplace, wood stove, BBQ, or fire pit, but you didn’t want to blow all that ash everywhere and end up with a health hazard and even more to clean. That’s where a fireplace vacuum comes in. It is specifically designed to clean ash without blowing it back into the air and also uses fire resistant filters in case some glowing embers are still hanging around you don’t know about.
Really need a shop vac? Be sure and see our articles:
- Find Gift for Man: Top 5 Shop Vacs for Him
- Shop Vac: Top 5 Best Selling Wet-Dry Vacuums
- Shop-Vac 9650600 Pro Series Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum
- Shop-Vac 9650610 6-Gallon Wet/Dry Shop Vacuum
- Shop-Vac 5872410 Portable Wet/Dry Vacuum
- Vacmaster VBV1210 Detachable Blower Wet/Dry Vacuum
- Fein 9-20-25 Turbo-II 9-Gallon Wet/Dry Shop Vac
You probably haven’t even thought of all the ways you could use a ash fireplace vacuum. It’s not just for fireplaces. People use them to clean their BBQs, fire pits, wood stoves, coal stoves, fireworks, and really anything that contains a lot of dust or ash.
All of these dirty, filthy, ash-laden places are hard to clean effectively without getting very dirty yourself and spreading ash around the area. Vacuuming them would be perfect, but your shop vac or traditional vacuum will only blow the ash dust all over the place. A fireplace vacuum is specifically designed to filter out the fine ash and dust associated with the remains of burned wood and coal so that the air remains clean, you remain clean, and the area remains clean.
Safety is a big consideration when cleaning your fireplace or fire pit. If there are any embers remaining that you are unaware of, this can start a fire in the filter of your traditional vacuum or shop vacuum creating a disastrous situation. Fireplace vacuums have fire-resistant filters that won’t catch fire if this happens.
You’re sold on the merits of a fireplace vacuum, but how do you choose a good one that won’t break the bank? Fortunately, we have already done the research and found a model that does just what you need it to do and is a great value as well. See if this ash vacuum is the perfect one for you!
Fireplace Vacuum: Ash Vacuum Cleans Wood Stoves, BBQs, Fire Pits
The PowerSmith PAVC101 is powerful, quiet and specifically designed to clean wood ash and coal ash from BBQs, coal stoves, wood stove, and fire pits. It does its job quietly and doesn’t spread ash and dust everywhere while cleaning. Its filter system removes the finest ash and dust from the air so you don’t have to breathe it or get it all over you and the area. This PowerSmith fireplace vacuum has some great features.
- Cleans warm and cool ash from fireplaces, wood stoves, pellet stoves, coal stoves, BBQ grills, and more
- Comes with a washable and replaceable fire-resistant 2-layer filter system that removes the finest dust and ash from the air
- Can be used as a vacuum or blower
- Can be used as a shop vac
- Heat resistant metal hose and canister
- Canister holds up to 3 gallons of dust and ash
- Quiet and powerful 10 amp motor
- Long 16-foot power cord
- 1 – Metal hose
- 1 – Metal nozzle
- 1 – Wheeled base
- 2 – Straight extension wands
- 1 – Brush nozzle
- 1 – Turbo nozzle
- 1 – Fire-resistant double-layer filter
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
- Great on ash and dust
- Very light and maneuverable
- Quiet operation
- Suction just adequate
- Large pieces can be a problem for hoses
- Filter needs to be cleaned often
- Tips over easily
- Could use better suction power
Fireplace Vacuum Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this ash vacuum? Which ash vacuum cleaner are you planning to buy? Please leave your comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
Thanks for taking the time to read our article about the PowerSmith PAVC101! We sincerely hope that we have provided you with valuable information that will assist in choosing the best fireplace vacuum for you!