One of the hottest new categories of vacuum cleaners is the cordless vacuum or cordless stick vacuum. It wasn’t too long ago that stick vacuums were not really feasible because batteries were large, not very powerful, and had short battery lives. They were heavy and provided more frustration than cleaning power.
That has all changed with the introduction of powerful, lightweight lithium-ion batteries to the mix. Now cordless stick vacuums can be lightweight while still having the suction power to clean even the toughest dirt from hard to reach places.
Why would you want a cordless vacuum? Most people buy them to supplement their primary vacuum cleaner for quick clean-ups of dirt, dust, and crumbs between heavy-duty cleaning times. They are also lightweight enough to carry around and between levels of your home easily without having to worry about where to plug-in. Let’s face it, when all you want to do is vacuum a small mess in the kitchen when your main vacuum is upstairs, you dread dragging that large vacuum down the stairs and back up again.
What makes a great cordless vacuum cleaner? It needs to be lightweight of course, but you want it to also have good power and long battery life. It is reasonable to expect any cordless vacuum you are considering to be less than 12 lbs., have at least an 18V Li Ion battery, and at least 30 minutes of cordless power.
You may be surprised to find that cordless stick vacuums aren’t cheap. The best ones come in at just shy of $200 and some are even more. You will find that once you have one, you will probably use it more than you have ever used your main vacuum. So in the end, it makes sense to get one with the right features and the durability to do the job and if you have to pay a little more, it will be worth it.
BISSELL has just introduced a great new cordless vacuum that meets all of our criteria for being lightweight, having the right power source, and a long battery life. Check it out and see if this BISSELL vacuum is the best cordless vacuum cleaner for you!
Cordless Vacuum: Best New Cordless Vacuum
Get the power you want in a lightweight cordless vacuum with the new BISSELL Bolt Ion Plus 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum. This model comes with a built-in removable cordless hand vacuum to go where other cordless stick vacuums can’t. In addition the new folding handle makes navigation under and around obstacles easier and compact storage a reality. Just look at all of this great new vacuum’s features.
- Very lightweight at only around 11 lbs.
- A powerful 18v motor provides plenty of suction power
- The lithium-ion battery gives you up to 30 minutes of cleaning time between charges to give you the flexibility to clean small messes or an entire room
- A handy removable cordless hand vacuum provides additional cleaning functionality not available on most stick vacuums
- The innovative 2-way folding handle flexes both forward and backward making it easy to reach under tables or other hard-to-reach places where dirt hides as well as facilitating storage
- New BISSELL EdgeReach Technology provides powerful suction directly to the vacuum edges to get easily clean dirt near baseboards and in corners
- Switching between normal and boosted suction settings allows you to manage battery life and get the power you need when you need it
- 180 degree swivel steering helps you navigate around tough obstacles in your home with ease
Switch easily from carpeting to hard surfaces and back by turning the brush roll on and off
- BISSELL provides a generous 2-Year limited warranty on this new model
- Charging base
- Extended-reach tool (floor-to-ceiling cleaning)
- Crevice tool
- Very quiet operation
- Powerful suction
- Foldable handle is a very useful
- Very lightweight
- Vacuum may clog easily
- Handheld suction with tools is not as good
- Dust cup too small
- No place to store attachments
Cordless Vacuum Comparison Chart
Bissell Bolt Ion Plus Features Video
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this BISSELL vacuum? Which cordless vacuum cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our best vacuum cleaner post! We sincerely hope that it has given you valuable information to help you choose the best cordless vacuum for you needs!