Commercial vacuum cleaners are more likely to be found in a hotel room than your home. As the work-horses of the cleaning industry commercial vacuum cleaners are more concerned with functionality and durability than style. Most commercial vacuum cleaners will endure more use and abuse in one month than many home vacuums might experience in a year.
Don’t let their simple style and lack of creature comforts fool you. They have the vacuum power, heavy-duty materials, and features that cleaning operations look for in vacuum cleaners. If you’re planning to buy an additional commercial vacuum cleaner or replace an ailing one, you need information that helps you make the right choice for your operation. What are some of the features that set the best commercial upright vacuums apart from the others?
No-Adjust Multi-Floor Capability
When cleaning, anything you have to do with a vacuum that takes time away from cleaning is an enemy of efficiency. A lack of efficiency costs money. Some vacuums require you to switch cleaning modes manually in order to clean different floor surfaces. If possible, choose a vacuum that automatically switches between floor surfaces to reduce cleaning time.
Interested in other commercial vacuum options? Be sure and see our articles about some of the best:
- Industrial Vacuum Cleaners: 7 Top Rated Commercial Canister Dry Vacuums
- Backpack Vacuum Cleaner: Top 5 Best Rated Backpack Vacs
- Windsor Vacuum Cleaner: Commercial Vacuum Workhorse
- Commercial Vacuum: Best Professional Upright Vacuum
- Industrial HEPA Vacuum Cleaners: New Lightweight Powerhouse
High-Speed Brush Roll
Most all vacuums have moving brushes that agitate carpet or move dirt into the airway path so that it can be collected by the vacuum bag. The more agitation the more dirt can be removed from deeper within the carpet. The way to increase agitation is to increase the motion of the brushes. With a brush roll that has wrap-around brushes, the way to increase motion is to increase speed. Faster brush roll speeds clean better than slower speeds.
One of the problems with home vacuums is that their housing is so bulky that it reduces the vacuums ability to get closer to baseboards and furniture. A good commercial vacuum minimizes the distance between the brush roll and the edge of the vacuum so that the vacuum can clean closer to obstacles.
Commercial vacuums often need to clean under low profile furniture like chairs and beds so it’s important that they can lie flat enough to do the job.
Whether it’s room to room or level to level, a vacuum needs to be moved to the cleaning task. A lighter-weight vacuum reduces fatigue during transport and during cleaning. The energy required to move a vacuum back and forth over time adds up and takes its toll.
No-loss-of-suction is all the rage in the home vacuum market. Complicated designs that keep suction power throughout the cleaning cycle are appealing. In the commercial market, simple is better. The combination of a smooth, simple, short air path and a top-fill bag allows a vacuum to maintain suction while embracing a more durable design.
Vacuum Bag Size
A larger bag keeps you cleaning longer between emptying which saves time and money.
Look for a vacuum with a long cord that can reduce the need for an extension cord and reduces outlet-switching.
Commercial vacuums are not known for quiet operation because of their reduced weight and simpler designs. Quieter vacuums may allow you to clean during the work day so if that is your need, choose the quietest vacuum that meets your needs.
We found a commercial vacuum from a trusted brand that we believe meets most all of our requirements and then some. Take a look at our choice and see if it’s the best vacuum cleaner for your needs!
Commercial Vacuum Cleaners: Top Rated Commercial Upright Vacuum
Oreck is a leader in the commercial vacuum cleaner market. Don’t let the simple look and design of their Oreck XL Commercial XL2100RH Upright Vacuum fool you. It’s powerful, has great cleaning ability, and is designed to take the everyday abuse of commercial cleaning tasks. It also just happens to be one of the best rated vacuum cleaners available. Some great features you can see like its wide cleaning path, low-profile design, large bag, and fingertip control. Other features that aren’t so obvious are its high-speed brush roll, light weight, MicroSweep automatic floor surface adjustment, and efficient air path. This vacuum was obviously designed by someone who knows the cleaning business and what operators need to do the job right in the most cost effective manner. Here’s what you need to know about this capable upright vacuum cleaner.
- Direct Suction design breaks up dirt into smaller particles before it’s sucked up into the vacuum and has smaller, lower center-of-gravity motors that can spin the brush roll much faster than more traditional designs
- Wide 12-inch cleaning path and no center dirt path
- Powerful, high-speed, balanced, double-helix brush roll spins at 5000-6500 rpm
- Gets closer to baseboards and furniture thanks to minimal distance between brush roll and housing
- Unique Helping Handle eliminates hand-squeezing and bending/twisting of the wrist and has received the Ease of Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation
- Low-profile design lays nearly completely flat to fit easily under furniture, beds, and other obstacles
- Switch between carpet, wood, laminate, or tile without manual height adjustment thanks to its MicroSweep feature
- Large 630 cu. in. top-fill vacuum bag keeps power at maximum throughout your cleaning tasks
- Fingertip-controlled on/off switch
- Clear, non-marring bumpers
- Long 35-foot power cord means less stopping to switch outlets
- Cord guard prevents cord damage
- Side-edge brushes pull dirt away from baseboards and into the path of the brush roll
- Lightweight vacuum at only 8.2 lbs.
- Unit measures 9D x 12W x 47H inches
- 1-Year commercial warranty and 1-Year warranty on belt
- 1 – Fresh air scent tab
- 1 – Standard filtration vacuum bag
- 1 – Replacement belt
Commercial Vacuum Cleaners Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Oreck vacuum? Which commercial upright vacuum cleaner are you planning to buy? Please leave your comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestVacuumCleanerCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you one of the best commercial vacuum cleaners for your operation!