When it comes to an upright commercial vacuum, not just any upright vacuum will do. In many cases home upright vacuums have the suction power needed, but they just don’t have the features and durability to take the daily routine that is required of a commercial vacuum.
Most home vacuums perform well on one floor surface. They are usually good at carpet cleaning or sometimes they may be able to perform well on hard floor surfaces. Commercial vacuums need to perform well on all floor surfaces.
What kind of features should you look for in a commercial vacuum? You should get a vacuum with a wide cleaning path to reduce cleaning times. It should have powerful, fast brush rolls to suck up even the deepest ground-in dirt. It should adjust automatically between floor surfaces so that you don’t have to change settings on the go. It should be able to cover large floor surfaces without having to switch outlets. It should be designed to get close to baseboards and fit easily under most furniture. Finally, it should be a good value.
We’ve done the research and found what we consider to be one of the finest commercial upright vacuums available and at a price that won’t break the bank.
We’re talking about the powerful, agile Oreck U2000RB-1 upright commercial vacuum cleaner. Read on to see if this is the perfect professional vacuum for you needs!
Commercial Vacuum: Best Professional Upright Vacuum
There aren’t many professional-grade vacuums that have all the features and capability of the Oreck U2000RB-1 at a value price. Oreck has gone to great lengths to provide a vacuum that is easy to use, durable, and powerful. They have built amazing durability into the belt system to prevent one of the most common vacuum failures on the job. With a wide vacuum cleaning path, automatic floor adjustment, and a clog-resistant bag opening, you will do a better job vacuuming faster than ever before. It has several great commercial-grade features all designed to make your life easier!
- This Oreck model has a powerful, high-speed balanced brush roll with double helix brushes that spin at up to 6500 RPM increasing effectiveness and moving debris more efficiently towards the vacuum inlet.
- Oreck’s unique direct suction design keeps dirt flowing in a straight and efficient pathway directly into the vacuum bag. This design allows for a smaller motor and more lightweight construction.
- The Oreck U2000RB-1 uses its “dirty air system” to pull dirt through an impeller that pulverizes the dirt into smaller particles putting less strain on the smaller motor and allowing the brush roll to spin at incredible speeds.
- Oreck’s top-fill design keeps your vacuum running at full power even while the large 630 cu. in. bag nears filling Soft wheels prevent floor damage during vacuuming.
- Automatic floor adjustment allows you to vacuum from carpet to hard floor surfaces and back again without having to change settings.
- Versatile enough to be used on carpet, wood, laminate, and tile.
- At only around 9 lbs., this is one of the lightest, most powerful commercial-grade vacuums you will find for the money.
- A wide 12-inch cleaning path makes quick work of even large floor areas
- Designed to vacuum safely close to cabinets and baseboards using its premium side brushes and non-marring wraparound bumpers while using its low-profile and lying virtually flat to fit easily under most furniture, clothes racks, chairs, and desks.
- The exclusive Helping Hand handle is designed to reduce fatigue and has actually received an Ease-of-Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation. It also has an easy-use carry handle for stable transport around the job site.
- The on/off switch is conveniently located in the handgrip so you don’t have to fumble for it when you want to turn it off or on.
- A long 40-foot power cord reduces outlet switching and uses a cord clamp to attach the cord to the pigtail allowing you to easily replace a damaged cord without expensive repairs or rewiring. A strong cord guard prevents cord damage during use.
- A unique belt-system uses a cogged Endurlife v-belt to resist slippage and prolong belt life.
- A built-in circuit breaker protects the vacuum from damage in the event of clogs or jams.
- Oreck provides a 1-Year commercial warranty and a 1-Year belt warranty on the U2000RB-1.
- You will appreciate the Oreck UR2000RB-1’s upright design which makes handling and compact storage easier than with canister vacuums.
- Light, powerful, and dependable
- Built to last
- Very effective long cord system
- Great value
- Does not come with some needed tools
- Noisy operation
- Manual cord storage
Commercial Vacuum Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Oreck vacuum? Which professional-grade vacuum cleaner are you planning to buy? Please leave your comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, we appreciate your taking the time to read our vacuum article! We sincerely hope that we have provided valuable information that assists you with choosing a commercial vacuum that works perfectly for you!