The best vacuum for dust mite allergies combines powerful bug-killing ultraviolet light with an advanced HEPA filtration system, and powerful suction to remove more than 99.7% of mites and their allergens. Mites are the dreaded enemy of allergy sufferers, but to remove them is a daunting task that takes the best vacuum for dust mite allergies to get the job done.
Dust mites or bed mites are those often forgotten about arachnids that can infest our homes feeding on the dead skin that makes up much of the dust in our homes. There is no wonder that we don’t think about them because they’re microscopic in size and so not visible to the naked eye. That where buying the best vacuum for dust mite allergies helps.
Interested in learning about other popular vacuums for allergies? Be sure to see our other articles about some of the best!
- HEPA Vac: Asthma Sufferers Need HEPA Filter Vacuums
- HEPA Filter Vacuum: Top Rated Upright HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
- Industrial HEPA Vacuum Cleaners: Lightweight HEPA Powerhouse
- Eye Vac Home: Best Pet Hair Cleanup Companion Ever!
- Pet Hair Vacuum: Top 7 Best Rated Pet Hair Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair: Best Bagged Corded Upright Pet Vacuum
- Hoover Wind Tunnel: Best New Hoover WindTunnel Pet Vacuums
- Miele Vacuum: Top Rated Pet Vacuum Lasts 20 Years
Their maximum lifespan is somewhere around 80 days, but most have an average lifespan of less than a month. They thrive in warm, humid environments with temperatures above 70 degrees F and humidity above 75% and die when the humidity falls below 50%.
How big is the problem, you can expect that you have dust mites in your bed right now because experts tell us that they are in 100% of beds everywhere? And there are a lot of them, enough to cause a severe allergy problem for many people. They have been attributed to dust mite illnesses in adults, allergy rhinitis in children, breathing problems of all kinds, itching, and even asthma.
The bad news is that it’s not possible to remove dust mites entirely. The good news is that there are methods to control them including UV vacuum cleaners. By reducing their numbers, you can make your home safer, cleaner, and can reduce the mite allergen-based problems in your home.
The best vacuum for dust mite allergies can turn a home with mite-ridden mattresses, sofas, toys, carpet, curtains, towels, and more into the clean, safe home you want.
How does the best vacuum for dust mite allergies work?
- A dust mite vacuum uses high-frequency vibrations of 3,800 Hz which beats of the dust mites from deep within fabrics making them easier to vacuum.
- A powerful dust mite vacuum cleaner can clear away as much as 97% of the exposed dust mites and more.
- Ultraviolet light penetrates the outer cell structure and alters the dust mite’s DNA, killing them and preventing their replication.
- Advanced HEPA filtering locks small particles into the filter and prevents them from being reintroduced into your fabrics and rooms
- Finally, hot air from the vacuum dries out the dust mite breeding environment
For more information on how to rid your home of dust mites see this article from Dengarden.com.
We searched bed bug and dust mite forums, manufacturer sites, retail sites, consumer sites, social media, and customer review sites to find the most popular and highly rated handheld dust mite vacuum.
Take a look at our choice and see if this dust mite eliminator is the best dust mite vacuum for your needs!
The best vacuum for dust mite allergies uses a multi-treatment strategy to kill and prevent dust mites. That’s exactly how the Housmile Anti-Dust Mites UV Vacuum Cleaner with Advanced HEPA Filtration and Double Powerful Suction works. Made by Housmile, the leader in handheld dust mite vacuum cleaners, it uses a five-prong approach to eradication of those dead-flesh-eating arachnids to the benefit of your allergies. It’s an easy way to remove dust mites from your mattresses, sofas, chairs, linens, carpets, throw rugs, towels, curtains, and more. This new generation of dust mite vacuums uses hot air from the bottom to additionally dry out their damp, breeding environment. It’s not all wine and roses. Some maintenance is required to keep the unit working properly. The dust collector and the suction inlet should be cleaned three times per week, the exhaust fan twice per week, and the cotton filter needs to be replaced every two to three months. Plus, this is not designed to be your primary dust collector vacuum, its main purpose is to remove mites. For removing mites, it’s the perfect tool.
Best Vacuum for Dust Mite Allergies: Features
- 250-watt, compact, highly-portable, handheld, dust mite vacuum cleaner
- Unique pressure-sensitive wheels effectively prevent UV leaks, deliver faster response, and provide safer operation
- Powerful dual vacuum inlets suck in dust from both the upper vacuum and the base
- Patented 253.7nm UV tube sterilization light kills mites and prevents their replication
- HEPA filtration captures 99.97% of airborne contaminants down to 0.3 microns in size and prevents them from being re-released to the room
- Patented hot air-drying removes moisture that dust mites need to live
- Activated Carbon Filtration Technology adds another layer of filtration to the air outlet on the base blocking contaminants twice as effectively
- Filters are removable and washable for thorough cleaning
- Integrated 5.4-ounce dust chamber can collect plenty of dust and mites before needing to be emptied
- Long 9.8-foot power cord means you can reach more of your tasks without having to switch outlets
- Compact and lightweight, it weighs 2.81 lbs.
- 30-day unconditional refund, professional technical support, and 24/7 customer service after the sale
Five Prong Dust Mite Killing Approach
- First, it uses high-frequency vibration up to 3800 Hz to expose dust mites from deep within the fabric of your sofa, mattress, chairs, and more
- Exposed, the dust mites can then be vacuumed up by its powerful double suction system, that vacuums from both the upper part of the vacuum and its base with 8.5kPA, clearing away more than 99.7% of them
- Next powerful 253.7nm UV tube sterilization light penetrates the dust mites outer cell structure altering their DNA killing them and preventing replication
- Next, this UV vacuum uses an advanced HEPA filtration system to lock in small particles and prevent release back into your rooms where they could inflame allergies and spread bacteria
- Finally, it uses high-temperature air up to 131 degrees F to both clear away mites and dry out their breeding environment
- Effective removal of dust mites and other bugs
- Powerful suction from two inlets
- Durable design and materials
- Easy to use
- Some reports of noisy operation
- No straightforward way to know if it’s working properly
- Cloth filter difficult to clean
Best Vacuum for Dust Mite Allergies
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this mite killer? Which dust mite vacuum cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
A dust mite vacuum that is effective for allergies needs to incorporate UV light, powerful suction, and HEPA filtering. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best vacuum for dust mite allergies for your needs!