You love your hardwood floors for their beauty and warmth and you want to do the best job cleaning them without damage. What you need is the best hardwood floor vacuum cleaner you can find. We have hardwood floors in our house and a couple of things I know for certain are that they were very expensive to install and they scratch easily.
There are lots of great vacuum cleaners out there, but just because they are great on carpet doesn’t mean that any one of them is the best hardwood floor vacuum. In fact, some of the best vacuums for carpet might even damage your hardwood floors.
Looking for the best in vacuum cleaners? You’re sure to find what you need here:
- Best Vacuum for Stairs: Top 11 Best Rated Portable Vacuums
- Lightweight Vacuum: Most Powerful Cordless Upright
- Cordless Vacuum: Best New Cordless Vacuum
- Handheld Vacuums: Hottest New Cordless Handheld
- Hand Vacuum: Best Portable Vacuum Cleaner
- Hoover LiNX Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Cordless Vacuum: Top 5 Best Cordless Handheld Vacuums
- The Shark Vacuum: Best Bagless Upright Shark Vacuum Cleaner
There are really only two choices for vacuums when it comes to hardwood floors. You can either buy a dedicated hardwood floor vacuum, or you can buy a multi-surface vacuum that has the capability to adapt to the needs of hardwood floors. There are pros and cons of choosing either one, but if you have expensive hardwood floors we recommend that you choose a dedicated model.
A dedicated model will be the best hardwood floor vacuum because it will have powerful suction, a lightweight design, a non-rotating head, wheels that won’t scratch the floor, and a gentle bristle brush head to provide excellent cleaning capability while treating your prized floors with the care they deserve.
Multi-surface models and models designed for carpets with rotating brush heads can produce scratching in your hardwood floors because they are first and foremost designed for carpeting with hardwood floor cleaning being an afterthought.
Considering a multi-surface vacuum for carpet and bare floor surfaces? We have the scoop on some of the best:
- Dyson Vacuum: Best Selling Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Vacuum Cleaner
- Portable Vacuum: Top Rated Floor to Ceiling Vacuum
For upright vacuums, even with adjustable height heads and rotating brush rolls that you can switch off and on you risk damage to your floors because of the extra weight of the vacuum and how you have to maneuver it to clean.
Canister vacuum cleaners are typically the best for hardwood floors because the wand and head are very lightweight and easy to maneuver without scratching. Even canister vacuums can damage your floors if they have hard plastic wheels or don’t have the right brush head designed as a hardwood floor cleaner.
Interested in other canister vacuums? Be sure and see our look at some of the best:
- Bagless Canister Vacuum: Best New Dirt Devil Bagless Canister
- Canister Vacuum Cleaner: Best Lightweight Vacuum
Should you get bagged or bagless? We are fans of bagged models because the dirt stays self-contained inside the bag and although you have to replace the bags, they can actually be cleaner and filter the air better than bagless models. That’s because replacing a bag is like getting a whole new filter each time unlike bagless models where you have to remember to clean the filter often and the dust cup retains dust.
Also, when you empty the bagless model’s dirt cup, you have to be careful not to discharge a lot of dirt and dust into the air. For bagless models we’ve had, we couldn’t even empty the cup into a garbage can anywhere in our house because it would release too much dust and allergens into the air. We always emptied it outside into the main garbage can.
Although all the hype over the past several years has been about bagless models particularly with the Dyson vacuum brand, the best rated vacuum cleaners and most expensive vacuums in the world mostly use vacuum bags if that tells you anything.
We recommend a dedicated canister vacuum designed for hardwood floors that has powerful suction, a lightweight wand and head with soft bristles to stir up dust and dirt for vacuuming, and non-scratch wheels on the canister.
We researched dedicated vacuums for hardwood floors on chatrooms, forums, product review sites, retail sites, and customer review sites and found one that stands out for its power, capability, and gentleness to hardwood floors.
Take a look at this model hardwood floor cleaner and see if it’s the best hardwood floor vacuum and possibly the best vacuum cleaner period for your needs!
Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum: Soniclean Bare Floor Pro Canister
The Soniclean Bare Floor Pro Canister Vacuum stands out as a powerful, lightweight, and very versatile vacuum that can actually handle multiple hard floor surfaces, but has the specific capability you need to clean your hardwood floors without damage. With its powerful 1100 watt variable speed motor, real natural bristle floor nozzle, high-efficiency HEPA vacuum filter bags, and 5-year motor warranty, this vacuum cleaner is sure to be your best friend when it comes to cleaning your hardwood floors. Here’s what you need to know about these Soniclean lightweight vacuums.
- German-made design means great capability coupled with outstanding efficiency
- Powerful 1100 watt variable speed, high-efficiency, direct-air paramagnetic motor will provide dependable operation for many years while using 50% less electricity than most vacuum cleaners
- Lightweight design (only 16.7 lbs.) and rubber wheels reduce the potential for scratching while making it easier to transport around the home and from level to level
- Specifically designed to clean bare floor surfaces like hardwood, tile, stone, and laminate in addition to area rugs
- 360 degree swivel hose provides easy movement in any direction
- Uses high-efficiency micro-filtration filter bags and a sealed HEPA filtration system to keep the air cleaner and more allergen-free
- Long 31-foot maximum reach provided by power cord and extendable wand allows you to cover more area without replugging
- Long 5-year motor warranty speaks to the quality of its design
- Handy bag-full indicator
- Weighs in at only 16.7 lbs.
- 1 – Natural bristle floor nozzle
- 1 – Upholstery tool
- 1 – Dusting tool
- 1 – Crevice tool
- 1 – Telescopic wand
- Specifically designed vacuum for hardwood floors
- Very lightweight
- Quiet operation
- Powerful suction
Soniclean Bare Floor Pro Canister Vacuum Video
Best Hardwood Floor Vacuum Comparison Chart
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Soniclean model? Which hardwood floor vacuum cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestVacuumCleanerCentral.com article! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best hardwood floor vacuum for your needs!