You’re looking for the best cheap vacuum that will still do the job. By best cheap vacuum, we’re assuming you mean cheap in price, but not cheaply made or having poor performance. The truth of the matter is that cheap vacuum cleaners have gone up in price as to make high-quality inexpensive vacuums still on the pricey side.
You can buy a truly cheap vacuum, but you will find that they are constructed of inferior quality materials that will cause the vacuum to fail prematurely probably just after their 1-Year warranty or less expires. The best cheap vacuum is a good value for the price. It will last through years and years of use and won’t require expensive maintenance.
What features should you look for in a value-priced upright vacuum cleaner?
A brush roll is a powered brush on the front of an upright vacuum that agitates the carpet fibers so that they release dust and dirt for vacuuming into the cleaner. There are lots of cheap vacuum cleaners out there without a brush roll. Cleaning a carpet without a brush roll removes far less dirt particles and you will be less satisfied with the results.
You can technically clean multiple surfaces with just about any vacuum. The question is, how effective are they? While the best vacuum cleaner will have a powered brush roll, a moving brush can be problematic on hard floor surfaces. That’s because the brush roll can kick dirt particles out away from the vacuum before it has a chance to vacuum them.
Want to see other great upright vacuum cleaners? Be sure and see our other articles about some of the best!
- HEPA Filter Vacuum: Top Rated Upright HEPA Vacuum Cleaner
- Lightweight Vacuum: Most Powerful Cordless Upright
- BISSELL 9595 CleanView with OnePass Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Eureka 4700D LightSpeed Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- The Shark Vacuum: Best Bagless Upright Shark Vacuum Cleaner
- Vacuum Cleaners: Top 5 Best Selling Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- Eureka Vacuum: Amazing Eureka Airspeed One Bagless Upright
- Shark Vacuum Cleaners: New Amazing Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away
- Best Vacuum Under 100 Dollars: Top Rated Budget Vacuum Cleaner
The answer is a brush roll shutoff. A true multi-surface vacuum cleaner will allow you to switch the brush roll off either manually or automatically so that the vacuum can be more effective on a variety of floor surfaces.
Bagless or Bagged
Some of the best vacuums available are bagged. The popular design these days is bagless which means that instead of the dirt from the vacuum going into a vacuum bag, it goes into a dust cup. When you’re done vacuuming, you simply empty the dust cup into the trash without having to replace a vacuum bag. Some bagless models also offer no-loss-of-suction technology that prevents a loss of suction as the dust cup fills. One notable brand is Dyson who pioneered the idea.
Some bagless models feature washable filters so that given that there are no bags and you don’t have to replace the filters for years, the vacuums are virtually maintenance-free. Maintenance-free also means no cost.
Which is better? Really, it’s not about the dirt collection technology, it’s about the vacuuming technology. The best vacuum on the planet probably has a bag. A value-priced vacuum will probably be one of the bagless models, just because they are so popular. We believe you should buy the best upright vacuum cleaner for the money, without regard to whether it’s bagged or bagless.
Vacuum cleaners can be heavy and unwieldy. Think of that when you’re considering moving one around your house and between levels. Some vacuums have swivel heads and wheels to make them more maneuverable. Some are exceptionally lightweight making it easier to maneuver them and transport them around your home. Consider weight and maneuverability when making your choice.
Many of us have pets and we all know that pets shed and produce an inordinate amount of pet hair. It gets everywhere and without the right vacuum cleaner can be difficult to remove effectively. Some vacuum come with specialized pet hair tools to remove pet hair from upholstery and stairs. That can be a real bonus if you have pets in your home.
Sure, you can look for the absolute rock bottom price on a vacuum cleaner, but how long will it last and what kind of warranty are you getting? The best vacuums have long warranties because they are built to last using high-quality materials and manufacturing techniques. Inferior-quality vacuums will generally have short warranties and are likely to fail sooner than later.
Take a look at our recommendation and see if it’s the bet cheap vacuum for your needs!
Best Cheap Vacuum: Top Rated Value Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Shark vacuums are known for their patented Never Loses Suction Infinity Technology that uses 21 powerful cyclones that never clog and never lose suction. It means that you will get the same powerful suction cleaning the last room as you did in the first. One of Shark’s highest-rated Infinity Technology models is the Shark Navigator (NV22L) Bagless Vacuum Cleaner. It’s not only one of the most popular vacuums out there, it’s also a great value for all of its features. It comes with an extra-large dust cup, a motorized brush roll, useful tools including a powered pet brush, and a long 25-foot power cord to keep you vacuuming as long as possible between outlets. The Shark Navigator gives you amazing suction and cleaning performance for superior carpet and hard floor surface cleaning using its unique 2-motor system with brush roll shutoff. It’s very compact and maneuverable with smooth-glide wheels that make it easy to push and pull. Here’s what you need to know about these lightweight vacuum cleaners.
Best Cheap Vacuum Features
- Highly maneuverable, compact, powerful, and lightweight vacuum with Shark’s patented Never Loses Suction Infinity Technology featuring 21 cyclones that provide the same suction power from the first room to the last
- Specialized 2-motor system with motorized brush roll that can be switched off or on giving you the flexibility to clean carpets and hard floor surfaces equally well
- A powerful, Power Nozzle and motorized handheld Power Brush pet brush removes pet hair from upholstery and stairs
- Smooth glide wheels make it easy to push and pull
- Long 24-inch crevice tool and deluxe super-stretch hose makes it easy to reach above-floor surfaces
- Long 25-foot power cord means plenty of cleaning without having to switch outlets
- Easy maintenance with zero costs beyond the purchase thanks to washable filters
- Extra-large 2.4 dry quart dust cup capacity
- Dimensions are 43.7H x 14D x 11.9W inches and it weighs in at a very lightweight 15 lbs.
- 5-Year Limited Warranty
- 1 – Premium motorized Pet Power Brush
- 1 – Dusting brush
- 1 – Short crevice tool
- 1 – Long 24-inch crevice tool
- 1 – Dusting brush
- 1 – Small crevice tool
- 1 – Wide upholstery tool
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this Shark vacuum? Which upright vacuum cleaner are you planning to buy? Please leave your comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
As always, thanks for reading our BestVacuumCleanerCentral.com post! We sincerely hope that it has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best cheap vacuum for your needs!