There are plenty of ways to clean an in-ground pool, but the easiest is using the best pool vacuum you can find. The best pool vacuum should clean the entire pool with little or no intervention from you. That’s a tall order since pools come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and surface materials.
Maybe you’re tired of cleaning your pool manually, or perhaps you don’t have the best pool vacuum and are tired of the poor job your current automatic pool cleaner does. Either way, a capable automatic pool vacuum should make your life easier, not harder.
Pool Cleaner Types
There are three types of automatic pool cleaners or vacuums. Suction pool cleaners connect to the intake of the filter system which provides suction to clean the pool. Pressure pool cleaners work with the pool pump to enhance their movement along the surface of your pool. Robotic pool cleaners are independent of your pool system and provide their own power. Which is the best pool vacuum?
Interested in seeing above-ground pool vacuum choices? Be sure to see our other article about some of the best!
Suction or suction-side pool cleaners have the advantage of being less expensive and use their suction to loosen dirt and grime from the bottom and sides of your pool in addition to removing floating debris. On the downside, they use more electricity than other automatic pool cleaners and increase the burden on your filtering system requiring more frequent filter cleaning. Suction cleaners are better if you want the cleaner to clean the side and bottom surfaces of your pool.
Pressure or pressure-side pool cleaners do not scrub the surface of your pool because they are on wheels and don’t contact the surface. They also aren’t as effective on small debris as a suction cleaner. They do use an integrated filter which removes the burden from your filtering system. Pressure cleaners are better for pools where you need their powerful cleaning ability to remove a lot of larger debris. They are also clean faster than suction-side cleaners and use less power. Pressure cleaners are generally more expensive than suction cleaners, but not as expensive as robotic cleaners.
Robotic pool cleaners are the most effective automatic pool cleaners, but that effectiveness comes at a cost. They are more expensive than either suction or pressure cleaners. They are better for odd-shaped pools because they are programmable to handle custom shapes. They are also better for larger pools that need their power. A robotic pool cleaner can remove tiny debris from every area of your pool. Unlike suction or pressure cleaners, a robotic automatic pool cleaner has its own power and needs to be connected to your power using a long power cord.
We like the advantages of a suction vacuum cleaner for its lower cost, its ability to pick up smaller debris, and its pool walls and bottom cleaning capability.
We searched pool forums, retail sites, consumer sites, social media, customer review sites, and manufacturer sites to find the most popular and highly rated automatic in-ground suction-side pool vacuum.
Take a look at our choice and see if this is the best pool vacuum for your needs!
Best Pool Vacuum: Top Rated Automatic In-Ground Pool Suction Vacuum
If you’re looking for the best pool vacuum that can clean the walls and sides of the pool automatically, effectively, and quietly, the Baracuda G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner with Additional Scrub Disc is a popular and highly rated choice. It features a Wheel Deflector and Anti-Stick design that helps it achieve optimal pool coverage on vinyl, fiberglass, tile, or Gunite pool surfaces and more easily navigate around steps, ladders, and corners. Its uncomplicated design operates quietly while the innovative Finned Disc delivers maximum adhesion to all pool surfaces. This pool vacuum cleaner is ready to go out of the box requiring no tools or assembly to operate and maintain. Special FlowKeeper Valve with Insta-Skim is a compact, self-adjusting flow control valve that automatically regulates water flow for peak performance even with lower horsepower pumps. Capable of automatically removing dirt, debris, bugs, twigs, leaves, sand, and even pebbles, this model may be the best pool vacuum for your needs.
Best Pool Vacuum: Features
- Advanced suction-side automatic pool cleaner with 36-fin disc capable of removing dirt, debris, bugs, twigs, leaves, sand, and even pebbles from pool surface, walls, steps, and bottom
- 36-fin disc has anti-stick design and wheel deflector that ensure optimal pool coverage and allow navigation around steps, ladders, lights, drain covers, fittings, and corners in even the most complex pools
- Special Finned Disc delivers maximum adhesion to all pool surfaces
- Compact, self-adjusting FlowKeeper Valve with Insta-Skim automatically regulates water flow for peak performance even with lower horsepower pumps and offers pool surface skimming with the turn of a switch
- With only one operational moving part, you get simple operation, a Long-Life Diaphragm, maximum power, and low-cost maintenance
- Patented Quick Release Cassette provides quick and easy access to the Diaphragm for easy repair or replacement
- Included ScrubDisc replaces the original disk and works to scrub and brush your entire pool surface
- Simple design and quiet operation with no flapper or hammer noise
- No assembly required
- Pool tested to work on the world’s toughest pools including vinyl, fiberglass, tile, and Gunite surfaces
- Long-life 1-Year limited warranty against defects in materials and wear and tear and a 2-Year limited warranty on the hose
- 1 – 36-foot scuff-resistant, Long-Life Hose eliminates scuffs on all pool surfaces
- 1 – ScrubDisc
See Baracuda G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner with Additional Scrub Disc Customer Reviews >>>
- Deflection wheel improves cleaning around stairs
- Reliable and easy to assemble
- Only one replaceable part
- Highly effective pool cleaning
- Poor installation instructions
- Some problems with hoses tangling
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Best Pool Vacuum
Liked this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
What do you think of this automatic pool cleaner? Which pool cleaner are you planning to buy? Please take a moment to leave a comment below.
Please share if you think others will benefit!
The right pool vacuum is the convenient way to keep your swimming pool clean and ready for fun all season long. One problem with automatic pool cleaners is the problems they have with climbing walls and cleaning around stairs. This model has that covered and is highly rated. We sincerely hope that this article has provided you with valuable information that helps you choose the best pool vacuum for your needs!